Executive leadership within the University is provided by the Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive, Professor Lynn Dobbs.
The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) is responsible for advising the Vice-Chancellor on the exercise of the functions and responsibilities delegated by the Board of Governors to the Vice Chancellor as the University’s chief executive. The SLT comprises the executive of the University for the purposes of the University’s Regulations and Scheme of Delegation.
The members of the SLT are:
- Professor Lynn Dobbs, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive (chair)
- Professor Donna Whitehead, Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Dr Chris Ince, University Secretary and Registrar (Governance)
- Mr Eugene McCrossan, Chief Finance Officer
- Professor Don MacRaild, Pro Vice-Chancellor Research and Knowledge Exchange
- Mr Gary Davies, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Recruitment and Business Development)
- Dr Zainab Khan, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Outcomes & Inclusion)
- Mr Robert Fisher, HR Director
Please see the SLT terms of reference and membership for more information.
The Senior Management Team (SMT), reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, brings together the senior academic and professional services management of the University. This secures a common understanding and engagement over the implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan and the strategies and plans approved by the Board of Governors to ensure the sustainability of the University.
Please see the SMT terms of reference and membership for more information.
The University's Health and Safety Committee (dealing with operational health and safety matters) reports to the Senior Leadership Team. Minutes are available upon request to the University Secretary's Office.